How To Make Distinction In WAEC Examination: Are you a secondary school student who wish to know some basic tips to make distinction in WAEC (West African Examination Council)? Is it possible for you to write WAEC Examination on your own and pass excellently? Do you want to know about the Compulsory subjects to register for WAEC?
Then you don’t have to worry again as this article will provide you with all you need to know about performing excellently in WAEC and also has all answers to your questions. All you need to do now is to be patient, stay calm and remain Concentrated to read this article till the end.
Also, read how to pass JAMB and Post UTME Exams.
What is WAEC?
WAEC is an acronym which stands for West African Examination Council, it is a board organised and established in 1951 to manage external examination in the West African states and adding value to the students.
Do You Need WAEC To Get Into Tertiary Institution?
Yes! WAEC examination is the first stage that will determine your chance of getting admission into any tertiary institution such as Universities, Polytechnics, Federal College of Education and Health Colleges etc.
Any Candidate who Has Five (5) Credit passes in English and Mathematics and Other related subjects in his/her O’Level sitting will have high chance of getting admission into any of the aforementioned institutions.
How Many Subjects Can You Register In Your WAEC?
Over Nine (9) subjects are to be registered for WAEC whether you are a science student, art student or commercial student but the most compulsory subjects for all candidates as released by the board are as follows;
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Take Note: All candidates whether science student, art student or commercial student are to choose the above three (3) plus their course related subjects.
Best Tips To Pass WAEC Examination Excellently In 2024?
Linking you to how i passed My WAEC some years Back and with much experience for some of the mistakes i experienced and learned from, I will as a good fellow never allow my Future and Upcoming Colleagues to Fall Victims. There are some common mistakes students makes in WAEC that leads to failure and they are as follows;
- Late Registration: registering late for WAEC is one of the biggest mistake that can hinder students not to take part in the examination.
- Wrong Bio-Datas: Candidate should always make sure he or she provide the accurate and correspondence BioData for WAEC.
- Thumbprint: Some Students who wish to sit for WASSCE will think thumbprinting during Registration is not Compulsory and will neglect which will affect such candidate in future and Will disallowed the Students not to sit for the exam.
- Not Preparing (Reading and study Guide for the Examination)etc.
Note:WAEC BioData should always be same as Your Primary School Certificate.
How To Pass WAEC Examination With Good Grades
As a candidate who is eager to pass his/her WAEC and has patiently read the above mistakes that leads to failure, you should try to deviate from such mistakes as it will be helpful for you in any of your exam like NECO, IJMB, NABTEB and JAMB.
Below i will show you the best 10 tips and guides to pass your WAEC with distinction:
- Early Registration
- Providing Correct BioData
- Ask Question from people who has done before you.
- Follow Scheme of Work and Study hard.
- Gather Past Question Papers And Study the nature of their Questions.
- Register for Subjects that makes you qualify for your dream Course.
- Visit Laboratory/Library if possible.
- Dont forget to Eat and then study (it may be funny but i bet you it’s helpful)
- Promise yourself to Cover Certain Topics
- Lastly Mentioned But the First On the Tips (PRAYER)
Prayer is always the first priority of any students who wish to sit for any External exams. Remember your 75% of passing lays in your Deep Prayer and closeness to your creator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is B3 a distinction in Waec?
Yes a very clear examples or grades that denotes distinction are A1 and B2.
Who got the best result in WAEC 2023?
According to a news publication by BUSINESSDAY.NG, Kamsiyochukwu Nkechinyere Umeh, a student of Deeper Life High School, who scored 360 in the 2023 JAMB Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and was adjudged the highest score has proved that her feat was not a fluke and was also noted as the the student with the best WAEC Result in 2023. See full news here.
What is C6 in Waec?
C6 in WAEC simply means credit but it’s like a narrow escape from having D7 which is just pass.
What is the grading system for the West African Examination Council?
The official grading system released by the management of the West African Examination Council (WAEC) are as follows:
- A1 = Excellent
- B2 = Very Good
- B3 = Good
- C4, C5, and C6 are all known as Credit
- D7, and E8 are both Pass
- F9 = Fail.
I am sure I have answered your questions concerning tips and guides to make distinction in your WAEC? I also hope this Article is Relevant and useful to some of your external Exams.
Kindly Drop your Question Concerning WAEC and other relative exams on the Comment Box We will reach out to You Soon. Thanks to you all who Follow scholarsniaja.com.ng we care about you.Follow Us In Facebook - click here