This page covers all you need to know about the NUC-approved courses offered in NOUN (National Open University of Nigeria). These courses were fully collected and posted here on this page for you only.
There are going to be variations in course requirements, fees, and cut-off marks for admission into the University. So kindly scroll down for detailed information.
About National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
The National Open University of Nigeria is a federal open and distance learning (ODL) institution, the first of its kind in the West African sub-region. It is Nigeria’s largest tertiary institution in terms of student number and is popularly referred to as ‘NOUN’.
The university was initially established on 22 July 1983 as a springboard for open and distance learning in Nigeria. It was suspended by the government on 25 April 1984. However, its resuscitation was begun on 12 April 2001 by the former President of Nigeria, Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo. At the take-off of the university, pioneer student enrollment stood at 32,400.
List Of Courses Offered In NOUN (National Open University of Nigeria) | NUC Approved
Below is a comprehensive list of all the undergraduate courses offered in National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN);
- B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies,
- B.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution.
- B.Sc Criminology and Security studies.
- B.Sc. Mass Communication.
- B. Sc Tourism Studies.
- B.A. English.
- B.A French and International Relations.
- B.A Christian Theology.
- B.A Islamic Studies.
- B.Sc. Political Science.
- B.Sc. Economics.
- B. Agric. Agricultural Economics and Agro Business.
- B. Agric. Agricultural Extension and Rural Development.
- B. Agric. Animal Science.
- B. Agric. Aquaculture and Fisheries Management.
- B. Agric. Soil and Land Resources Management.
- B.Sc Agricultural Extension and Management.
- B. Agric. Crop Production and Protection Sciences.
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Agricultural Science.
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology.
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry.
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Integrated Science.
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science.
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics.
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics.
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education
- B.A (Ed.) Early Childhood Education.
- B.A (Ed.) English.
- B.A (Ed.) French.
- B.A (Ed.) Primary Education
- B.Sc. Computer Science,
- B.Sc. Communication Technology,
- B.Sc. Data Management,
- B.Sc. Environmental Science & Resource Management.
- B.Sc. Mathematics.
- B.Sc. Mathematics/Computer.
- B.Sc. Chemistry.
- B.Sc. Biology.
- B.Sc. Physics.
- B.Sc. Financial Mathematics.
- B.Sc. Community Health,
- B.Sc Public Health,
- B.Sc. Dental Technology,
- B.Sc. Environmental Health.
- LLB (Law) Degree programme.
- B.Sc. Cooperatives and Rural Development,
- B.Sc Business Administration,
- B.Sc Marketing,
- B.Sc. Entrepreneurship,
- B.Sc. Accounting (in Collaboration with ICAN),
- B.Sc. Hospitality Management.
NOUN’s General Admission Requirements
For you be considered for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), you are advised to meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of five (5) O’Level credits at not more than two (2) sittings in relevant subjects.
- Have a minimum JAMB score of 160 or above in the recent JAMB Exam.
- Have a good score on the post-UTME Exam.
- Have a merit pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), and other advanced level certificates (DE Candidates only).
If you like to see more information about the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), then Click hereFollow Us In Facebook - click here